Naturopathic medicine (also referred to as naturopathy) is a holistic approach to health and wellness, with a key focus on the healing power of nature. The role of a naturopath is to identify the underlying or root cause of presenting ailments, and facilitate the body’s natural ability to heal itself with the aid of herbal medicines, nutritional support and lifestyle adaptations. Only a short drive from Queenscliff, Onsite parking is available to all Naturopathy clients. For Appointments call 9907 339 or Click to Book On-Line
BHSc (Naturopathy), BSc (Microbiology)
Our Naturopath here at Total health Brookvale, Sarah Woolner has completed extensive training in health science, Nutrition and Herbal Medicine to obtain a BHSc (Naturopathy), and is a registered member of NHAA. Currently in Australia, Naturopathic Medicine is transitioning towards a more evidence-based practice, that can be safely integrated with conventional medicine.
Sarah’s professional qualification and level of experience as a Naturopath allow all Naturopathic Consultations to be eligible for Private Health Fund rebates. (depending on your level of private health cover). HICAPS facilities are available for on-the-spot rebate claims.
Naturopath only minutes from Queenscliff
Looking for a Naturopath close to Queenscliff? how we can help you…
• Digestive disorders — indigestion, reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, food allergies and intolerances
• Immune conditions — allergies, hay fever, asthma, colds and flu, bronchitis, frequent/recurrent infections
• Autoimmune conditions — coeliac disease, lupus/SLE, scleroderma, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune thyroid conditions, multiple sclerosis
• Skin conditions — acne, psoriasis, eczema/dermatitis, hives, persistent skin infections
• Fatigue — chronic fatigue syndrome, adrenal exhaustion, general lack of energy
• Mental health — stress management, mood disorders, depression, anxiety, sleep disorders
• Cardiovascular and metabolic disorders — high blood pressure, high cholesterol, poor circulation, varicose veins, obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, thyroid disorders
• Chronic pain and Inflammatory conditions — Chronic nerve pain, arthritis, joint pain and stiffness, gout, fibromyalgia
A professional Naturopath only a few minuets from Queenscliff- What to expect…
Your consultations with our Naturopath are all about you, so we take time to listen to your story. Recommendations and Naturopathic treatment plans are personally tailored for your health needs and to support you in achieving your health goals.
This is the information gathering session. Your medical history and health concerns are discussed in detail and together we can establish what you would like to achieve and prioritise your health goals.
Clinical assessment consultation
At your second appointment, various aspects of your physical health are assessed including blood pressure and circulation, blood glucose levels, body composition analysis, waist-hip ratio, respiratory function, tongue and nail inspection and iris analysis.
In this session, we will review clinical findings and your health evaluation report. You will also be given a comprehensive treatment plan that is designed specifically for your health needs. Recommendations provided are always practical, sustainable and achievable.
Following your review consultation, on-going appointments are scheduled on an individual needs basis.
Naturopathy near Queenscliff – Naturopathic Tools and Treatments
Nutrition is essential for optimal health and wellbeing. Enjoying the food you eat is equally as important. There is no single healthy eating plan that suits everybody, but we think variety, plenty of vibrant colour and deliciousness is a great place to start.
Another important therapeutic tool in naturopathy is herbal medicine. Nature provides and array of natural plant compounds that can address many health issues. Herbal medicine is unique in that it allows for the creation of a personalised herbal formula. Herbs are selected based on your specific health needs. Herbal medicine is as much an art as it is a science & will provide you with additional support to achieve your health goals.
Our way of living can greatly impact our health. As part of your treatment plan, your naturopath may recommend lifestyle adjustments. These may vary from modifying your sleeping patterns and increasing physical activity to switching skin care products or household cleaning products. Recommendations made are always practical, sustainable and specific to your health needs.